It's time again for the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge hosted by Long and Short Reviews.…
It’s time again for the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge hosted by Long and Short Reviews.
Today’s topic is: 10 Gifts for People Who Love…X
I’m messing with the topic a bit because I can. 🙂
Here are 10 cool and somewhat unusual gifts everyone should love (including me!):
10. Instapot: I’m told the Instapot is the thing to have if you love to cook. I actually own one. It was given to me by a co-worker of my husband’s who was addicted to QVC and literally bought hundreds of things he didn’t need. My husband also has a pair of noise-blocking Bose headphones from the same guy. All instapot lovers feel free to chime in as to why I should drag mine out and start using it.
9. Meal Delivery: Me, I think I’d rather have a subscription to somewhere like Blue Apron. Or even better, from a local company here called All Real Meal. Food. REAL food, delivered to your door. What could be better than that? Aside from a personal chef… Anyone use any of these meal delivery services?
8. A maid: Seriously! What an awesome gift this would be. Pay for a maid to come weekly (or even just one time) for a friend or family member. I’d love someone to come dust and mop for me. I’d rather have a personal chef (see above), but a maid would be super cool, too.
7. A day at the spa: Most women I know (and likely men, too) don’t pay to pamper themselves nearly enough. Imagine a day with a facial, massage, mud bath, sugar scrub or whatever. A lunch with fruit, crackers, maybe a glass of wine. Heck, buy yourself one, too and go together!
6. Car detailing: Is your car a mess? Imagine dropping it off and coming back to it washed, waxed, vacuumed and dusted. No grit on the floor, no dog hair floating around in your face every time you roll down the windows… yeah, that would be awesome.
5. Pooper scooping service: Dude! Angie’s List even has them! I have two dogs. Two BIG dogs. They poop a lot and often. Except in the winter (because… snow) I pooper scoop every freaking day. I would love someone to do it for me, even for a short period of time. Dog owners, you too?
4. Lessons for something: I bought my husband guitar lessons for his birthday last month. He’s been wanting to learn since he was a teenager and just never wanted to spend the money. Well, I spent it for him! And he’s thrilled. Have a friend or family member who’s talked about learning something? But them a few lessons. Let them get their feet wet a bit and see if it’s something they would enjoy.
3. A day of childcare or doggy day care: Give a friend or family member a break. Either do it for them, or pay for a day somewhere. Take their kids out for the day. Visit Cowabungas or Chuck-e-Cheese. Buy a day at the local doggy day care for their pooch. Give them a day where they can breathe. Nap. Binge watch a show uninterrupted. Do whatever they want. Trust me, it’s a gift they’ll appreciate.
2. Hair and makeup done at a really nice place: I watched a lady go into Ulta one day, and literally make the rounds. She got her hair cut, colored and styled (I was there for a hair cut, so had the time to observe), then she hit the make-up area and had her face put on. How cool is that? She left feeling pampered and beautiful. There’s no price tag you can put on that.
1. A day with you: Sound cheesy? It’s not. Giving someone your undivided attention is a very real gift. I highly recommend it.
Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of 2019. See you on the flip side with all those great new blogging ideas for 2020!